Friday, May 10, 2013

Thoughts on Viddler

I was really intrigued by a form of technology called Viddler.  Viddler is a website where you can upload your own videos for others to watch.  I found this to be pretty important.  This would be a very useful tool for teachers to use.  A teacher can record a lesson during one of their class periods during the day or after school sometime and upload it to their viddler later on that day.  This would be helpful for any student who is absent from their class for that day or for any student who needs a refresher during the unit. 
I remember when I was in high school and I would get really sick.  I would be out of school for three or four days.  I remember coming back into the classroom and having lots of make up work to do and I wouldn't have any way of knowing how to do it.  I would have a lot of trouble with the rest of the unit.  I would get mediocre grades on the assessments.  Once a new unit would start my grades would go back to normal.  If I was able to utilize videos of the lessons my teachers had I would keep my grades at their normal levels.  I would be able to stay in tune with the class while I am sick in bed.  I would be able to do the homework while I'm sick so that I wouldn't have as much make up work to do when I came back.
While doing my research on this new technology, I found that you would have to pay for a subscription.  You could customize your viddler as well.  One feature that I really liked about this website was that whoever looks at your "lessons" can actually comment on it and post it in the video.  This is a great way for students to give feedback to their teacher on their teaching methods.  If students do not understand part of the lesson, the teacher will know since the students will comment on the uploaded video.

No comments:

Post a Comment